A family of six members died on Sunday night in a house fire in Tumoek village in Kapkwen location, Kipkelion West constituency.
Police say the fire is suspected to have been caused by a battery explosion and was fanned by some chainsaw petrol which was inside the house.
The battery was being powered by a solar panel.
Further, the Authorities said the man of the house lost his wife, 3 children, sister and his brother's wife to the tragedy.
The victims were all sleeping in the same house which was constructed from timber.
Did you read this?
Two of his sons who were sleeping in a detached kitchen house managed to escape.